Gastroenterology department is equipped with various Routine out-door, in-door and emergency facilities
Out-door, in-door and emergency services include:
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopies
- Routine upper and lower gastrointestinal tract-endoscope
- Endoscope removal of large common bile duct calculi
- Placement of metal stints for palliation of esophageal, Gastro-duodenal, Biliary, Pancreatic and Colorectal cancers
- Pancreatic endotherapy such as pancreatic stone removal and pancreatic stenting, endoscope pseudocyst drainage
- GI hemostasis is achieved by hemoclips, bipolar electo-coagulation, argon plasma coagulation, variceal band ligation, endoloop
- Endoscopic mucuosal resection
Endoscopic treatment for gastro-esophageal reflux disease is also done.
Endoscopic ultrasonography unit
- Facilities for performing diagnostic radial EUS but also linear electronic EUS guided biopsy and other interventional EUS procedures.